our covid-19 policies + procedures
February 24th, 2021
Thank you for believing in Moondance. Now more than ever, we feel strength in our mission and look forward to traveling again this summer. As we prepare to welcome students back, we wanted to share our current policies in relation to COVID-19. We have made several updates to our normal course operations based on information from the CDC, WHO, and other government agencies. Certain trips may require additional paperwork and/or testing requirements. Moondance will provide more specific information directly to families throughout the spring.
Pre-Trip Requirements + Considerations
- We encourage families to follow their local and state government, the CDC, and the WHO guidelines and recommendations regarding social distancing, mask wearing, quarantining before trip departure, etc.
- Moondance will require proof of a negative PCR test taken, and a COVID health form to be submitted, 72 hours or less before trip arrival.
- Example: June 6-8: Take PCR test and submit additional health form. June 9: Trip starts.
- Moondance will require parent and student signatures on our new COVID specific documents that will be released with paperwork. Some states may require additional entry paperwork or requirements. Moondance will update families throughout the spring with this information.
- Moondance highly encourages all families to purchase trip insurance prior to the summer. Please refer to TripMate for trip insurance questions.
Policies and Protocol
- Moondance will practice the pod model within the group.
- Moondance participants will be required to wear a mask and social distance when interacting with individuals outside of their pod/group like professional outfitters, when visiting public spaces like airports, when traveling in a non-Moondance vehicle like a bus, etc.
- Groups will practice excellent sanitation, hygiene, and cleaning throughout the course of the trip.
- Participants will be required to bring two facial coverings, personal hand sanitizer, and a digital oral thermometer in addition to the other required clothing and equipment.
COVID Symptoms Presenting
- Moondance will contact the family of the individual feeling symptoms of COVID and discuss the best course of action.
COVID Positive Test
- Moondance will notify the family of the positive individual immediately. The family must pick up their child within 48 hours of the positive test result notification.
- Moondance will quarantine and test the rest of the group participants according to CDC guidelines.
- Moondance will attempt to resume trip operations depending on trip itinerary, date of positive test, availability, etc.
- Moondance highly encourages students to get the COVID vaccine if they are able and when the vaccine is available.
- Moondance will require all staff to get the COVID vaccine if they are able and when the vaccine is available.
This web page will be updated prior to trip departure with additional details related to each trip location and specific policies that apply. As this pandemic is a fluid situation, we will continue to update our policies and procedures leading into the trip departure date. Moondance will be in touch directly with families prior to trip departure with specific updates. It is our expectation that all families will check this page within a week of departure to be up to date on our policies and procedures. We are here for all Moondance families as we prepare for a summer that may look a bit different.
Thank you for your continued support. Please feel free to call us if you have questions or concerns.
*All policies are subject to change.