Trip Finder

Trip Updates

Kilimanjaro 1 • June 11-July 3, 2019

Farewell from Tanzania, we miss you all already!

July 3, 2019

Mambo Poa!


After a trip of a lifetime, these past three weeks are hard to fully comprehend. Whether it be the lessons learned from the Mungere school and Massai people in Mto wa Mbu, or the bucket list accomplishment of climbing Mount Kilimanjaro, or the safari trip that will never be matched, this trip has filled us all with memories that will never be forgotten in this life and beyond.  Although the activities were amazing, it was the relationships and group bond that took this trip above and beyond.  With one night left together after safari, all everyone wanted to do was cherish our last moments together and reminisce on the magic of our time in Tanzania.  What better way to do this than with A SURPRISE PIZZA PARTY!  Although some of the veteran students were in detective mode and smelled something fishy we secretly partnered with the local Pizza Bravo, getting enough pizza to feed and army. Taking over our usual hangout in Outpost Lodge, we all gathered in the upstairs bungalow complete with sectionals, love seats, card tables, a sixty-inch TV, and even a random kayak hanging from the rafters. Laughter and stories of the trip filled the air while wings, mozzarella sticks, and pizza filled our stomachs. After we felt we could eat no more, the amazing staff hit us with another surprise for the night by introducing the dessert bar downstairs complete with three flavors of ice cream, trays of hot gooey brownies, and individual servings of chocolate mousse.  With stomachs almost as full as our hearts we lounged around upstairs after dessert and filled each other’s personal nug jugs with notes of our favorite times together and compliments to read on a gloomy day back home.


The next morning we enjoyed one final breakfast buffet while compiling pictures from everyone’s cameras, making folders full of the best shots.  Bags were packed and the bus loaded for our transport to the Kilimanjaro International Airport.  Views of the local towns and breathtaking jungles and mountains past by our windows as everyone enjoyed a farewell dance party in the bus.  Upon arrival at the airport we said our bittersweet see you soons and then our once in a lifetime trip came to an end in what seemed to be a blink of an eye.


But wait, of course the greatest trip with the luckiest, most amazing people ever wasn’t over yet.  After passing through security another surprise was waiting.  KML airlines brand-new top of the line jet was being announced for their flight. News stations from all over, regional commissioner, and Tanzanian politicians were waiting at the gate with dancing, music, and a party for the airline’s monumental milestone. Of course, Jack, Will, Warren, Ricky, Lucy, Eleanor, Alice, Sarah, Claire, Caroline, Caroline, Maggie deserve nothing less than a party for their departure.  You all will be dearly missed and thank you for the best Moondance Trip one could ever ask for.  To everyone back home, thank you for sharing your most prized possessions with us for the last month.  They are all truly exceptional and such incredible young men and women.


As they return home we hope they never forget this chapter of life and continue living lives that are full of the love, passion, and vigor that was so apparent here in Tanzania.  And remember,


“After all these years, I refuse to believe that joy costs something, or that you have to get on a plane to find it, or that it has to happen on vacation, and that dreams can’t come true on a Tuesday.”



Asante Sana my friends,



Mary Kate and Robby


Safari in the Serengeti!

July 2, 2019

“Nature contains that spirit and power which we can witness but not weigh, inwardly conceive but not comprehend, love but not limit, imagine, but neither define nor describe.” -T. E. Lawrence

Sleeping in a bed for the first time in a week, left us well rested and ready to take on the final days of the trip on our Safari. After a filling breakfast, we loaded up into land cruisers and headed to the Ngorongoro crater. The drive was filled with good music, and memories of the success and accomplishment on the mountain. We stopped at a big souvenir store on the way to get some goodies for everyone back home and a quick boxed lunch to fill us up for the rest of the ride. We had not even made it to the gates of the crater when the safari began. Baboons started swarming. Everyone got a kick out of how uninhibited the monkeys were as they tried to reach through the window of every car. Alice especially found it entertaining when the baboons saw her snickers bar and followed her into the bathroom, hoping for a snack. We pulled into camp that night at the rim of the crater and went on a short hike to get an expansive view of where we would be spending the next two days. Walking back to our campsite the excitement didn’t stop as a herd of zebras were grazing around our tents. Everyone ran for their cameras and got up close shots of the animals in action. As the animals went on their merry way, we settled down, ate some popcorn and played many games of presidents. Warren also taught us Monopoly deal, which quickly became a crowd favorite and ruler of Boardwalk was the desired title. After a delicious dinner and Moonup, we laid down to rest with the sound of wild Cape Buffalo chewing in the distance.

We once again woke up to Simba’s, “wanga wanga wanga” and enjoyed coffee and tea in our tents before an early game drive, hoping to see a Rhino; the one big five animal we had not laid eyes upon. The morning started energetically as we drove into the crater, passing countless buffalo, impala, zebras, and wildebeast. Caroline H could spot animals from a mile away and everyone wanted her in their car. Our drivers got a call on the radio as the sun was hitting midday and we sped off on to our next adventure in anticipation of what we would see. Dozens of cars were lining up along the road and as we pull up we see lion manes in the distance. They had killed a wildebeest and were finishing up the meal as soon as we arrived. Fat and happy, our drivers tell us that the lions will now be looking for shade. To our surprise the shade they find is cast by our cars. Close enough to touch, the lions lay next to our cars enjoying an after-lunch nap. Caroline L snaps photo after photo that we cannot wait to share. It was now our turn to grab a quick bite to eat in the presence of some hippos relaxing in a pond. We load back in the cars ready for a nap ourselves but are jolted awake by the sight of a RHINO. We are all looking through the binoculars at the two horned beast and are amazed at how majestic this large creature was. We could not believe it. Within six hours of safari we had see ALL of the big five. Our drivers called us the luckiest safari they had ever seen and it didn’t stop there. We were all stoked on our adventures of the day and headed back to camp to relax and play cards. Our Moonup ended with guitar by Robby and a sing along session for the whole group. Ricky really showed off his octaves and sang everyone to sleep.

The group was up early again the next morning for a drive to the Serengeti but were surprised by a great breakfast of beignets. On the drive we learned a lot about the difference between the Ngorongoro crater conservation land and the Serengeti national park. The conservation land allows for Maasai migration while only researchers are allowed to live in the national park. As we cross the border into the vast Serengeti, we see a giraffe right in the road blocking our way. Our minds were blown by the normalcy of having a giraffe roadblock. Our safari continued through the savannah and we felt like we were living a real-life Lion King. The one animal that was still on our bucket list was a cheetah. We were heading into a new camp for the afternoon when the first driver slams on his breaks. We were all wondering what the commotion was about when he points twenty yards away at a mama and three baby cheetahs hiding in the tall grass. We were awestruck by the beauty of these big cats. With a silent conversation between the drivers, all three cars started moving off road so we could get and EVEN better view of these wild animals. Taken a little by surprise, the cheetahs get up to run away but seem to be more interested than fearful of these large vehicles in their habitat. They continue to inch closer and before we know it A CHEETAH IS ON THE CAR TIRE. It was an experience unlike any of us could have imagined. Jack was fearless of the big cat, getting as close to him as safely possible. Sarah too had her go pro right next to the cheetah and we cannot wait to see that footage. Our luck was incredible, and we could not believe this scene out of a movie just happened to us in real life. Reminiscing on the incredible day, we drove into camp right as the sun was setting on the Serengeti. With the light of our headlamps we played more monopoly deal where Claire dominated the table. We enjoyed an incredible dinner of spaghetti bolognese, a long Moonup looking up at the stars and headed to bed with dreams of lions and tigers and bears. Oh my!

Our first morning in the Serengeti we got to sleep in!! We walked out of our tents to breakfast set up outside with a view of elephants in the distance. We read in the morning sun as Lucy finished her third book of the trip. The weather was impeccable as we prepped for our last day on safari. Will really wanted to see a crocodile, so we drove near the river and saw a huge one on the bank! We then saw a family of 20 giraffes and watched the two teenage ones fighting. For lunch we went back to camp and relaxed as a family of 5 elephants (and one baby!!) came within 50 yards of camp. Ellie got so excited about the Ellies!!! We went on another game drive where we saw lions with a kill. Maggie had seen enough lions, so she took it upon herself to entertain the car with an afternoon photo shoot. Our last Moonup on safari we talked about what we want to share with our friends and family at home and the conversation was unstoppable. After Moonup that night we played star tipping and stayed up talking, trying to embrace our last two days.

With our last Simba wake up, we got up to watch the sunrise on the savanna and loaded the cars ready for a long drive and to reminisce together about the past 22 days. We listened to a lot of music and relaxed keeping thoughts of the plane ride and leaving each other far from our minds. Although there is a lot of excitement to see families back home, we are so sad our adventure is coming to a close so soon.

With Love,

Robby and MK

We Have Been To The Mountain! Greetings From Mt. Kilimanjaro!

June 26, 2019


“You cannot stay on the summit forever; you have to come down again… so why bother in the first place? Just this: What is above knows what is below, but what is below does not know what is above. One climbs, one sees. One descends, one sees no longer, but one has seen. There is an art of conducting oneself in the lower regions by the memory of what one saw higher up. When one can no longer see, one can at least know.”


–       Rene Daumel, Mount Analogue


Under the open-air porch of the Outpost lodge, we all gather round at our dinner table. A hundred-year-old tree grows through the roof, and lush green foliage climb the supporting brick columns, as our server brings us everything from bruschetta to cashew chicken to a Tanzanian version of a classic American burger. As everyone enjoyed his or her final feast, you could feel the eager, nervous anticipation in the air as everyone dwelled on what was to come in the morning. As we wiped our plates clean and topped off our three course meals with delicious milkshakes and bowls of fruit, our new friend Pix joined the party to brief us on the next seven days.  With ten years of British special ops under his belt, Pix quickly set the mood with a comforting but serious tone as he walked us through each little detail of preparing for our venture on Kilimanjaro and describing what every day would look like on the mountain from sun up to sun down.  With our minds wrapped around what was to come, everyone set off to their rooms to carefully pack their bags with Pix and our head guide Daniel making rotations to ensure everyone was thoroughly prepared. Pix then wished us good luck and Daniel bid us goodnight, as everyone made their way to a real bed one last time before a week in tents on the side of Africa’s roof.


Day 1


At the break of dawn we all woke up to enjoy one more buffet breakfast before our weeks diet of morning porridge began. Fueled by coffee and full stomachs we hopped on the bus and headed into the sunrise towards the base of Africa’s highest mountain. On the way we made a quick pit stop at a local gas station where Jack was able to purchase his stylish white and green Tanzania beanie that would prove to be very useful later in the trip.  As we approached our destination, the mountain stayed a mystery, hidden high in the clouds.  With a misting rain adding to the rainforest scene, we entered through the massive archway, greeting anyone ambitious enough to take on the challenge of Kilimanjaro. We threw on our rain gear and enjoyed hot chocolates under an awning as our team of forty-nine porters, two cooks, two camp managers, and head guide Daniel gathered all the supplies for our small community that would be home on the mountain.  Each member of the team grabbed their share of supplies, each close to forty-five pounds, and skillfully balanced it on their head before swiftly hiking up the mountain ahead of us to have the entire camp set up before we were even close.  As they disappeared up trail into the dense rainforest we threw on our daypacks and began our trek.  Thirty yards into the hike we passed through the entrance gate where Sarah’s backpack got “hooked”, and one of the trips funniest ongoing inside jokes began. That day we hiked all the way up to ten thousand feet, passing through monkey filled rainforest, clouds, and high altitude environment where we could watch the foliage become more and more harsh with each vertical foot. With tired legs we finally reached camp late in the afternoon and were greeted by loud songs and contagious dancing from our entire crew. We enjoyed a hot dinner in our new home with our new family before crawling into tents to get rested for day two.



Day 2


“Wana Wana Wana, GOODMORNING! Sleep like baby? Hot tea? Coffee? Sugar? Milk?” Our camp manager Simba knocked on every tent with his traditional monologue before the sun has peaked over the horizon. With grumbles and moans everyone reached their hands out of the tent flaps into the cold morning air to receive their morning wake up drinks from Simba and his crew before slipping into their hiking gear and heading into the community tent for a breakfast of hot porridge, sausage, and toast.  As camp was torn down, we all threw on our daypacks and returned to the trail, continuing up the mountain. Although we only hiked 2,500 vertical feet, the day took almost five hours due to steep terrain and strong winds. The environment continued becoming harsher and eventually we came upon a rocky field overlooking a gorgeous valley of distant ridgelines filled with rolling clouds.  The porters had again beat us and already had camp set up, ready for our arrival.  After settling into our tents we enjoyed evening tea and an endless amount of popcorn before another hour-long round-trip hike to assist in acclimating to the high altitude.  We climbed up from camp to a rocky outcrop complete with a cave and breathtaking views. We met a friend at the top from China, with his graying goatee and bug-eyed glasses, who was on a solo mission to reach the same summit as us. Although he knew very little English he was able to convince us to take a group photo in which he laid out in our arms, leaving us all with cramps from laughter and a photo for the books.  That night we went to bed with howling winds that shook our tents until morning and had everyone wrapped tightly in their sleeping bags.


Day 3


We woke up again to Simba, but this time he was accompanied by the vicious winds of the night before. Everyone was hearing Pix’s voice from the debrief warning us of the potential intense winds that we may face on day three. He wasn’t kidding. The morning’s hike had everyone’s heads down as we fought to stay in a straight line.  Caroline L. led the group into the random gusts of almost sixty miles an hour. Luckily, we had great conversation and stories from Ricky to keep us distracted. Before we knew it the treacherous winds were blocked by the towering rock walls of the mountains famous lava towers formed thousands of years ago when Kilimanjaro was awake. Daniel told Lucy and others about an old camp nestled in the rocks above where climbers used to sleep and wake up before the sun to scale the Western Breach. A delicious lunch of grilled tomato and cheese, with hot soup revived spirits and fueled us to complete the last couple hours of hiking that brought us to our third nights home, Barranco camp.  During this downhill trek, Jack dropped his new hat, so Robby decided to hide it until he realized it was gone, and everyone had a good laugh when he discovered Lucy was holding it in her jacket. That night we hit the hay early, because the next morning we had to climb the wall.


Day 4


With a prompt 5 AM wake up, we all sipped our coffee and porridge with heavy eyes and fogging breath.  Trekking started in the dark as we made our way up the 1500-foot wall of rock famously known as the Barranco wall. Towards the top of the wall, we encountered “kissing rock”. A rock that jutted out from the path with only a small walkway next to it and a hundred foot drop just inches away. We all kissed the rock as it was considered good luck, with Warren giving an especially passionate smooch hoping to make it to the summit safely. Following a high-altitude breakfast at the top of the wall, we made our way through rolling alpine hills to camp for the night, which would prove to be very arduous. After several long days on the trail we had some very tired campers and the effects of the altitude began to wear on many of us, but Alice’s trail chatter helped to keep out minds distracted and our legs moving. We continued to battle the mountain and embarked on two more additional evening hikes to continue acclimating. One of the hikes ended with a surprise popcorn and hot tea picnic set up by Daniel and some of the other guides that turned into a dance party with all the boys dancing on a rock while Claire DJed. The second hike we did in full summit attire to ensure all gear was ready to go – safe to say we were hot very shortly after starting. Everyone was quick to go to bed this night given that it would be our last full night of sleep before summiting in the late hours of day five; early hours of day six.


Days 5 & 6


We started off with our usual routine of hot tea in our tents followed by porridge and began our hiking at a relatively low 13,000 feet. Daniel set us at a “pole pole” pace as we took it easy, one step at a time all the way up to 16,000 feet.  As we climbed, we passed many who had just finished the summit that day. Eleanor asked all of them how it was and the zombied looks on their faces had us all anxious for what was ahead. Reaching base camp around noon, we continued another hour to an even closer camp called Karanga. We were encouraged to nap before our early four o’clock dinner.  Following our naps was a quick Moonup lead by our LOD’s Maggie and Caroline Haley that got us all mentally prepared for our midnight wake up that would kick off the longest day of many of our lives. In what seemed like a blink of an eye Simba was knocking at our tents.  In a half asleep daze everyone layered up in their summit gear and stumbled from the tents to the dining tent where one last pot of our beloved porridge was waiting for us.  We resentfully stomached as much as we could and began trekking down the starlit trail straight up to the glacier laced peak towering above in its silhouetted glory. Our guides distracted us all into a trance with Swahili songs as we trudged through the freezing night air.  For hours we stared at the frost coated hood of the parka in front of us, unable to speak from the lack of oxygen and whipping icy winds finding any weak points in our outfits. Nausea and scrambled minds overtook the majority of the group as we climbed higher and higher.  Daniel’s voice repeated in our heads, “one step at a time”.  When it seemed like we couldn’t go any further and the sun was never going to peak over the horizon, we suddenly heard a shout from the front of the line. Everyone peaked their heads up, squinting through the dark, and making out the dark shape of a sign up ahead; Stella point, the beginning of the volcanic craters edge, the point at which a summit could be declared, the point that designated only one more hour of hiking before the true peak.  A spike of energy came over the entire group, and we realized the finish line was just around the corner.  The porters reached deep in their packs and pulled out surprise thermoses filled with hot water, and extra little boost to carry us home.  Lead by Will, we continued on from Stella point for Uhuru Peak. The last hour seemed to last forever, and displayed a whole new level of cold and altitude, but everyone had come to far to back down now.  Then we saw it.  The sun began to gray the sky, and through the sleet filled clouds the shape of the well-known Uhuru summit began to take shape.  Everyone was filled with life, our eyes with tears, and faces with uncontrollable smiles as we reached the top of one of the worlds seven summits.  Celebration erupted from the entire group as we all embraced each other and took in the moment of a lifetime. We did it. We summited Mount Kilimanjaro.


Day 7


Exhausted from the seventeen hours of hiking the day before, we woke up early again on our final day to get back to the bus swiftly. The Tanzanian President was coming to the park for the grand opening of a new building, so we had to get out before the roads closed if we wanted to get an afternoon of resting back at the lodge. After one last three-hour hike, we all slept the entire bus ride back to the Outpost Lodge where hot showers and a feast of a lunch were waiting us.  We spent the afternoon reminiscing on the magic of the past week and resting our exhausted legs.


Everyone’s now headed to bed to get ready for our next four days in the Serengeti where we hope to complete seeing the Big Five along with the other amazing wildlife and scenery that this incredible and beautiful country has to offer. To everyone back home we thank you all so much for this opportunity and trip of a lifetime. We hope to return to you with a new love and respect for this beautiful life we live after this unbelievable experience. Miss you all and can’t wait to see you soon, but first we have got some safaring to do! We leave you with a quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson that has been a group favorite over the last days.


“The mind, once stretched by a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions.”


Robby + Mary Kate



Smiles, Service, and Safari!

June 19, 2019



We landed in Tanzania one week ago today and have been taking in every second of this awe-inspiring country. We could not imagine a better first crew with whom to not only take on MT. KILIMANJARO but embrace with open arms the Mungare school community. The group touched down late our first day and although everyone was tired beyond measure, the positivity and excitement was palpable. After a filling dinner, we all settled down to get a good night sleep before heading to the village of Mto wa mba.

Our first leaders of the day (LODs), Warren and Caroline L pumped everyone up and got them in the right mindset to fully immerse ourselves in the Tanzanian culture. An afternoon of hacky sac and swimming, followed by a debrief from Shabani (the director of the Mungare school) about what the next few days would entail, had everyone eager for the days ahead. The next morning we made our way to the school through the bush and tribal lands as excited anticipation filled the air. When we pulled up to Mungare, a wave of students greeted us with beaming smiles and contagious joy.

Conversations between our students and the Mungare students flowed as we began clearing a field for the new rabbit enclosure. Time flew as we learned new Swahili phrases, talked about each other’s families and found more similarities between ourselves than we could have ever imagined. The afternoon was filled with many games. Lucy showed off her soccer skills playing one on one against anyone who would dare take her on. Eleanor jumped rope until she couldn’t jump anymore and Caroline H’s hair was braided, rebraided and then braided again. Needless to say after Moonup, everyone was ready to rest up for what we knew would be another busy day.

Our second day’s work on the rabbit enclosure began early, but no one shied away from the boulder lifting that needed to be done. Claire took huge rock after huge rock to the foundation and slowly but surely the rock pile we were moving became smaller. With the foundation laid, we took a break for lunch and went back to basketball, ninja and a round of little Sally Walker led by Maggie. The afternoon of fun and games brought the entire group closer together, with everyone looking forward to two more days together.

The following day we took a break from the hard work and climbed to a nearby waterfall with a bunch of the kids who were out of school for holiday. As we trekked through acres of jungle and endizi (banana) plantations we took in the breathtaking surroundings full of vegetation we had never laid eyes on, massive plateaued mountains formed by the same tectonic plates that created Kilimanjaro, and even got to see a family of monkeys spotted by Alice, Sarah, and a group of the girl students they were hiking with.  After an hour hike up through the jungle, we heard the familiar sound of crashing water and knew we were close.  As we scrambled over a few final boulders, the horizon opened up to a massive fifty-foot waterfall, surrounding by lush jungle trees, and capped with a beautiful rainbow forming in the mist just above the pool. Everyone took the view in and we all began to explore the area. As we hiked all around the falls, the local students began telling us stories of the area.  One particularly notable student by the name of Stefano, a nineteen year old graduate who now has returned to help teach at the Mungare school, told Jack and Will the legend of the eighteen foot python that lives above the waterfall.  Whether the stories were true or not, no one had any desire to find out, and we enjoyed the views from the bottom!

After our trip to the waterfall, we once again said goodbye to the school and made our way back to town.  Instead of going straight back to the lodge however, we made a pit stop in the nearby Massai village where one of the students families lived in a small circle of mud huts completed with a livestock ring in the middle, and a protective barrier of thorned branches and vines around the outside to keep out lions.  In their traditional Massai attire, the whole community of around twenty five, greeted us with a traditional welcome ceremony.  A synchronized marching dance, complete with chants and shouts had us all fully captivated and in awe of the cultural beauty.  We were then invited to join in on the march as we entered into the village. The women began placing jewelry on the girls, teaching them more dances.  The boys were handed large sticks and began partaking in the jumping ceremony. It was a moment that we will all certainty take the grave.

The following morning we all woke up still dwelling on the previous day’s activities.  As we ate breakfast we continued debriefing what we had experienced, and had to convince ourselves it was actually true!  We then went to the school for one final day with the kids, and enjoyed every last second of it knowing we may very well never see them again.  After a bittersweet farewell we ended our time with our new friends, and returned to home base to prep for biking and an evening safari.

Early the next day we drove to a new location, far down some back roads, where we found a fleet of mountain bikes waiting for us. Ricky was ecstatic to say the least. He quickly hopped on his bike and his motor cross skills took over! This quickly got energy levels high and everyone hopped on their own bikes to join. As a group, we followed our guide Daniel through remote villages and jungles trails all the way to another waterfall deep in the African bush, where some other guides had already dropped off our lunch. Definitely the best picnic spot ever!

That evening our bikes were put on the back of a truck and we all hopped into safari land cruisers that drove us into the nearby Lake Manyara National Park.  Not to brag, but we saw a leopard with its recently hunted impala, perched in a tree within the first two hours. This was quickly followed by multiple giraffes, water buffalo, baboons, warthogs, hippos, a group of lionesses napping on tree branches that hung over the road, and a even a herd of elephants that surrounded our cars as the crossed the road. If only we had seen a rhino, we could have checked off all the big five in the first safari of the trip! So, to say the safari was a success would be an understatement.

As we reflect on the past days, we are forever grateful to have met the students at the Mungare school. They opened our hearts and minds to what is important and how we want to continue to live our lives. We are so thankful for this week and all the incredible experiences it had to offer, but we now look to our next challenge: KILIMANJARO. Our bags are packed and our minds are ready to reach the roof of Africa!!

Report back soon!!


Some SHOUTOUTS to friends and fam from your Moondancers:

Maggie: Hi mom, dad, Miller, and Joe!! I miss you all so much. I am having such a fun time in Tanzania. Dad, I hope you had a great Father’s Day. We just finished community service and are headed to the mountain tomorrow. I am so excited but nervous. Love you guys️

Claire: Hey Mom and Dad, I’m having so much fun but I still miss y’all! hope Nashville is good and y’all have something to do without my constant entertainment at home 😉 we are about to start hiking tomorrow so wish me luck! Love y’all so much!

Caroline H: Hi mom and dad, I’m having a blast! I love and miss y’all and hope everything is well at home!

Lucy: Hey mom and dad! Hope y’all are having fun at the lake with the dogs. I’m having such a great time and I have lots of stories to tell you. Tell Ellie hey when she gets home and tell Charlie I say hi! Love and miss you guys.

Sarah: Hey mom and dad! I’m having the best time but I miss y’all so much! I’m headed to the mountain tomorrow and I can’t wait. Give Puddles a hug for me 🙂

Caroline L: Hey mom and dad!! I’m having so much fun and I love my group so much but I miss y’all!! We start hiking tomorrow and I’m so excited!! Hope you’re all ready for the puppy

Eleanor: Hey mom and dad!!! Happy late Father’s Day dad. I’m having the best time and my group is awesome!! We start hiking tomorrow and I can’t wait. Hope y’all are doing well love and miss you so much!!!xoxo

Alice: Hey fam!! Happy late Father’s Day! I am having such a fun time here. We are hiking tomorrow and I am super excited. Miss y’all!

Jack: Hey mom and dad! Hope all is well. Have been having a great time here thus far. Getting ready to start the Kilimanjaro hike tomorrow. See you guys soon! – J

Will: Hi Mom, Dad, Sarah and Katherine. Say hi to the dogs for me. Getting ready to climb Kilimanjaro tomorrow. It has been the trip of a lifetime so far!We also saw a lion peeing out of a tree yesterday, so that was cool

Ricky: Hello all at home. It has been an interesting week in T-Town. I saw some beautiful animals. Anyways, I’ll see y’all when I see y’all. Maasai law trumps all.

Warren: Miss and love you all back home! Having the best time ever. Wish me luck as I go climb this big rock. Talk to you soon!

Safe Arrival in Tanzania

June 12, 2019

Hi Kilimanjaro Families,

All leaders and students have safely touched down in Tanzania and the trip is on its way.

We’re so excited for this group!

-Moondance HQ


  • Alice
  • Caroline
  • Caroline
  • Claire
  • Eleanor
  • Will
  • Warren
  • Sarah
  • Ricky
  • Maggie
  • Lucy
  • Jack